Our international students may wish to bring with them their spouse and children (dependents) to Brunei Darussalam. Dependents are required by law to acquire a valid “Dependent Pass” by the Immigrations Office. Prior to application, however, students are advised to secure for their dependents:

A Guarantor

  • $1500.00 (BND) per month of income

Dependents Pass is renewable every 3 months. International Students will need the following documents to apply for Dependents Pass:

  • Letter of Admissions (Offer Letter)
  • Valid Student Pass
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Birth Certificate of children
  • Passport of Dependents
  • Supporting Memo from the Student Central Office

Dependents (children) are also allowed to attend a private or public school, according to the guidelines stated by the Ministry of Education and Immigrations Office. International Students are required to submit the following documents to the Brunei Darussalam Immigrations Office:

  • Dependent’s Letter of Admission to school of choice
  • Supporting Memo from the Department of Schools
  • Supporting Memo from Student Central UBD 

Accommodation for Students with Families

Currently, as most of UBD on-campus accommodation are designed for single occupancy, married students may opt for accommodation off campus. Rental for off-campus accommodation varies depending upon its type and location. For example, a one or two bedrooms apartment may start around B$600 per month. It is a normal practice in Brunei for the landlord to ask for two months deposit plus one month rental advance. Another matter that needs to be considered is transportation and bus routes.

Find more information at Land Transport