Islam is the official religion in Brunei Darussalam. In order to uphold Islam in Universiti Brunei Darussalam, it is important to have a Spiritual and Community Service Unit set up to mold and nurture students as Professional Mukmin and to be Insan Syumul.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organizing the Program Bimbingan Khatam Al-Quran as a compulsory program for Muslim students, to support UBD’s aim to have students who are Quran-literate and as a requirement to participate in the Majlis Khatam Al-Quran for UBD’s graduating students.
- Assisting in providing religious & spiritual guidance and advice to students while they are in the university.
- Clarifying and responding to any queries from the students regarding Islamic rules and laws and the Islamic faith.
- Planning, organizing and implementing the student’s extra-curricular activities (religious, spiritual and community service) in the university, such as religious functions and community service.
- Ensuring the student participation in the religious activities and other extra-curricular activities (such as cultural, community service and sports) is well-coordinated.
- Providing relevant facilities for students’ religious activities or community service within and outside the campus.
- Monitoring and liaising with PMUBD and other religious and spiritual bodies at UBD under PMUBD.
- To nurture students to be Professional Mukmin and Insan Syumul • Act as Secretariat for UBD religious activities Organizes religious functions in commemoration of the Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday, Revelation of Al-Quran, First Hijrah, Majlis Korban and Aqiqah and Israk Mikraj for UBD community