Dk Dr Nurolaini Pg Haji Muhd Kifli is the Deputy Dean (Academic, Research and Internationalization) since 2013 - 2014 and a Senior Lecturer at the PAPRSB Institute of Health Sciences, Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD) since 2010eal. She has graduated with a BPharm (Hons) degree from the Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University in 1998. She then had her pre-registration training in the community pharmacy in Essex, England in 1999. She is a registered pharmacist in the UK and has been a Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society in Great Britain (UK) since 1999 until now. She did her PhD in Medicinal Chemistry and had completed her PhD in 2003 from Cardiff University, Wales, UK. During her PhD training she published 3 International Peer-reviewed journals on her work.
Since joining the Institute of Health Sciences, she has been involved in the teaching and research of the Medical Undergraduates. She has also been involved in the Medical Curriculum Development for the current BHSc/Medicine programme and has participated in various faculty development workshops such as OSCE item writing / Examiner, PBL case writing, Assessment writing, Angoff method, Critical Methods and Thinking, Clinical teaching and learning. She became an examiner in the entrance interview for the Medical students “Mini Multiple Interview - MMI”. She has been appointed as external examiner to examine the thesis of 3 students from the Pharmacy Department at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), Malaysia. She was the principle supervisor/co-supervisor for 2 Master students undertaking MSc (Clinical Sciences) at UBD. She has supervised 1 Master of Public Health student and at least 5 undergraduate research students.
She has served various university administrative roles and was the Dean of Students at UBD from 2009-2011. She has participated in “Change management” training, “Transformational leaders”, “Change mindset” & “Visualising mindset” workshop organised by UBD. She has also facilitated “Inspiring Change Workshop” for the Senior Executive Officers Development Programme (SEDP) organised by ILIA from 2009 until 2011. She also facilitated “V-Sigma Workshop” for the Middle Management Officers from various ministries in 2010 & 2011.
- Perceptions, Attitudes & Practices on Traditional Medicines among Bruneians. (2007-2008). Team Leader: Dk Nurolaini Pg Haji Muhd Kifli, Co-researchers: Dr Zaw Wint and Linda Lim
- Knowledge, perceptions & attitudes on Pap smear test amongst Bruneians (July 2009 - Dec 2011). Team Leader: Dk Nurolaini Pg Haji Muhd Kifli, Co-researchers: Dr Lin Naing @ Muhd Ayub Sadiq, Dr Hajah Roselina DP Hj Yaakub
- Survival of cervical cancer patients in Brunei Darussalam (July 2009 - Dec 2012). Team Leader: Dk Nurolaini Pg Haji Muhd Kifli, Co-researchers: Dr Lin Naing @ Muhd Ayub Sadiq, Dr Hajah Roselina DP Hj Yaakub
- Survival of primary lung cancer patients in Brunei Darussalam (July 2009 - May 2013). Team Leader: Dr Lin Naing @ Muhd Ayub Sadiq, Co-researchers: Dk Nurolaini Pg Haji Muhd Kifli, Dr Haji Muhd Syafiq Abdullah, Dr Zaw Wint
- Use of traditional medicines/ Complementary Alternative medicines vs. Prescription medicines in Brunei Darussalam
- Natural product researches such as Phytochemical and biochemical properties of Curcuma Zedoariaand other plants.
- Problem Based Learning & e-Learning in Medical Education
- Pharmacy Education – such as Curriculum Development
- “Prevalence, Perceptions, attitudes, knowledge and practice on the use of traditional medicine among Bruneians. Results from the interim analysis” Nurolaini Kifli, Z Wint, L Lim, Medicine and Health (the Official Journal of the Faculty of Medicine UKM) Vol. 3 (No.1 Supplement) June 2008
- “Effects of Obat Assam Urat on Blood Glucose levels in the roden” by M Abdul Samad, Nurolaini Kifli, O Abiola, Medicine and Health (the Official Journal of the Faculty of Medicine UKM) Vol. 3 (No.1 Supplement) June 2008
- “Study of the knowledge and attitudes of Pap smear test in Brunei Darussalam” by R H Yaakub, Nurolaini Kifli, L Naing@ Muhd Ayub, Medicine and Health (the Official Journal of the Faculty of Medicine UKM) Vol. 3 (No.1 Supplement) June 2008
- “Use of Simulation in Clinical Skills Teaching” by Z Wint, Nurolaini Kifli, A Aziz, Medicine and Health (the Official Journal of the Faculty of Medicine UKM) Vol. 3 (No.1 Supplement) June 2008
- Muhammad Ali Rosledzana, Nurolaini Muhammad Kifli, Naing L, Chee Fui Chong (2013). Effects of stress on brachial artery flow mediated vasodilatation in doctors after a 24-hour-duty oncall. Brunei Int Med J. 2013; 9(4):227-35.